From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 06:31:51
1 Hi Rich,
2
3 Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> writes:
4
5 > Actually, I think it is more of a technical constraint. It is
6 > basically impossible to blacklist somebody on a mailing list, since
7 > all they need to do is roll up a new email address.
8
9 > I can think of various arguments for whitelisting or not whitelisting,
10 > but it seems silly to blacklist.
11
12 Okay, I see your argument.
15 Just a random bikeshedding. We might be able to require GPG signed
16 email to make a post. Then we can blacklist the GPG identity?
17
18 To think of it further, the web of trust is basically a whitelist. But
19 it has the flexibility to chain the trust from a Gentoo dev by several
20 'hops'.
21
22 Benda