From: Patrick Zehnder <patrick_zehnder@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Portage and OpenAFS
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:34:41
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm able to install OpenAFS on Gentoo Linux, but they are some not fixed
4 problems.
5
6 1) I use gcc 3.2.2 and I have allways to fix the ebuild manually, if I want to
7 install OpenAFS. I has to add the following commands to the function
8 src_unpack in the file /usr/portage/net-fs/openafs/openafs-1.3.2(-r1).ebuild:
9
10 cd ${S}/src/pam
11 cp Makefile.in Makefile.in.old
12 sed 's|-I/usr/include/sys||' Makefile.in.old > Makefile.in
13 cd ${S}/src/ptserver
14 cp pt_util.c pt_util.c.old
15 sed -e 's|#include <sys/file.h>|#include <sys/file.h>\n#include <errno.h>|g'
16 pt_util.c.old > pt_util.c
17 cd ${S}/src/sys
18 cp rmtsyss.c rmtsyss.c.old
19 sed -e 's|#include <signal.h>|#include <signal.h>\n#include <errno.h>|g'
20 rmtsyss.c.old > rmtsyss.c
21
22 This add some missing headers. Is there a way to integrate this changings in
23 the officiel ebuild? Or, will any of this changins create some problems on
24 other platforms than x86 or other versions of gcc?
25
26 2) If I apply the changins, which I described under 1), then I'm able to
27 emerge openafs with portage-2.0.47-r10.
28 But there is no way with portage-2.0.48-r1. The program pinstall created by
29 openafs use the program /bin/cp and cp isn't able to copy a simple file in
30 the new portage environnment in the context of pinstall. It's very hard for
31 me to find the reason for this error, because it's working from source and
32 with the older version of portage. I doesn't know what has changed between
33 the different portage versions, and doen't found any exact information about
34 the sandbox concept used by portage. Can somebody help me?
35
36 Sorry about my english. Thanks for answers!
37
38 Patrick
42 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list