From: Patrick Zehnder <patrick_zehnder@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Portage and OpenAFS
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:34:41
Hi,

I'm able to install OpenAFS on Gentoo Linux, but they are some not fixed
problems.

1) I use gcc 3.2.2 and I have allways to fix the ebuild manually, if I want to
install OpenAFS. I has to add the following commands to the function
src_unpack in the file /usr/portage/net-fs/openafs/openafs-1.3.2(-r1).ebuild:

cd ${S}/src/pam
cp Makefile.in Makefile.in.old
sed 's|-I/usr/include/sys||' Makefile.in.old > Makefile.in
cd ${S}/src/ptserver
cp pt_util.c pt_util.c.old
sed -e 's|#include <sys/file.h>|#include <sys/file.h>\n#include <errno.h>|g'
pt_util.c.old > pt_util.c
cd ${S}/src/sys
cp rmtsyss.c rmtsyss.c.old
sed -e 's|#include <signal.h>|#include <signal.h>\n#include <errno.h>|g'
rmtsyss.c.old > rmtsyss.c

This add some missing headers. Is there a way to integrate this changings in
the officiel ebuild? Or, will any of this changins create some problems on
other platforms than x86 or other versions of gcc?

2) If I apply the changins, which I described under 1), then I'm able to
emerge openafs with portage-2.0.47-r10.
But there is no way with portage-2.0.48-r1. The program pinstall created by
openafs use the program /bin/cp and cp isn't able to copy a simple file in
the new portage environnment in the context of pinstall. It's very hard for
me to find the reason for this error, because it's working from source and
with the older version of portage. I doesn't know what has changed between
the different portage versions, and doen't found any exact information about
the sandbox concept used by portage.  Can somebody help me?

Sorry about my english. Thanks for answers!

Patrick