From: MooktaKiNG <Mooktakim@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] A nice idea to improve portage
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:37:40
1 I think it would be better if portage included a README file for
2 each ebuild.
3
4 This i belive is very important becuase gentoo is a bit different
5 from a normal linux.
6
7 Like when installing a mod_php you run the command:
8
9 ebuild .../mod_php config
10
11 after installtion.
12
13 See when i installed this first i had know idea.
14
15 I know i know. there are some text at the end of the emerge that
16 says what you should do.
17
18 But when your doind multiple emerge's one after the other and you
19 leave gentoo todo its thing. You don't see the text.
20
21 So if there was a nice README file that explain the 'extra' setting
22 needed on each dir in portage then it would make things a LOT easier
23 and would be very helpful.
24
25 If this already exists please ignore this email.
26
28 Please wait while you are redirected to my signature......
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list