From: Dhruba Bandopadhyay <dhruba@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] install CD bloat
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 21:17:38
1 Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > I've used the same installation CD for most of my gentoo installs over the
3 > past few months, so I was shocked today when I realized that the smallest
4 > install ISO that we currently offer (at least for x86) is 80MB. When I
5 > started with Gentoo, it was ~15MB.
6
7 That's a good point. In my case, I always use basic cds. When I began
8 with Gentoo installations the basic iso was 30-40MB and if indeed they
9 are double that now I'd very much welcome a reduction to near enough its
10 original size. I'd say <= ~50MB is a reasonable basic iso size but
11 that's subjective.
15 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list