From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: "Paul B. Henson" <henson@×××.org>
Cc: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, ottxor@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] logging in openntpd 20080406-r3+
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 11:08:14
1 On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 6:02 AM, Paul B. Henson <henson@×××.org> wrote:
2 > Bug 493358 has a patch to fix this. With the patch, openntpd will
3 > background within approximately 15 seconds plus however long your
4 > resolver is configured to take to timeout a dns query.
5 >
6 > Perhaps now we can just ditch the syslog use flag and remove the option
7 > to run in debugging mode with stderr redirected? I don't think there was
8 > any need for it other than to resolve the delayed startup bug, which I'm
9 > reasonably confident this does...
10
11 Awesome! Yeah, I think this should make it possible to roll back some
12 of those other things.
13
14 I'm glad I wasn't crazy, thanks for looking into this.
15
16 Cheers,
17
18 Dirkjan