From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New category: app-metrics
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 08:57:36
1 On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 6:21 AM, Manuel Rüger <mrueg@g.o> wrote:
2
3 > In addition, the following packages will drop their prometheus- prefix
4 > during the package move:
5 >
6 > * net-analyzer/prometheus-blackbox_exporter
7 > * net-analyzer/prometheus-node_exporter
8 > * net-analyzer/prometheus-redis_exporter
9 > * net-analyzer/prometheus-snmp_exporter
10 > * net-analyzer/prometheus-uwsgi_exporter
11 > * net-analyzer/prometheus-pushgateway
12 > * net-analyzer/prometheus-alertmanager
13 >
14 > With the growing adoption of prometheus I expect more exporters to be
15 > added (I have five more that I want to add in the near future).
18 On the face of it, I wouldn't drop the "prometheus-" prefix if app-metrics
19 is to be the home to other tools. Otherwise, other tools like graphite or
20 collectd might want very similar names for the same tools out there.
21
22 Regards,
23
24 Dirkjan