From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 12:05:55
1 On śro, 2017-05-24 at 13:39 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 24/05/2017 12:24, Michał Górny wrote:
3 > > On śro, 2017-05-24 at 03:48 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
4 > > > On Wed, May 24, 2017 at 08:41:25AM +0200, Micha?? Górny wrote
5 > > > > Next time such a thing happens, the discussion will happen on a
6 > > > > completely private media or not happen at all because of the state
7 > > > > of this mailing list. Is this what you really want?
8 > > >
9 > > > Here's the part you did not quote...
10 > > >
11 > > > > > If we could have a guarantee of proposed changes like that being
12 > > > > > posted on Gentoo-User for comment, rather than being sprung on
13 > > > > > users by surprise, I'd be willing to sign off this list.
14 > > >
15 > > > Note where I said "...posted on Gentoo-User for comment...". What I'm
16 > > > asking is for such proposed changes to be posted on Gentoo-User, and the
17 > > > discussion/feedback/flamefests/etc will be on Gentoo-User. This type of
18 > > > surprise stuff seems to happen a lot in Open Source...
19 > > >
20 > > > * Gentoo /usr
21 > > > * Firefox Australis UI, and dropping ALSA and going PulseAudio-only
22 > > > * GNOME getting a hard-coded dependancy on systemd
23 > > > * etc, etc
24 > >
25 > > And what would be the use of those 'user comments'? Do you believe it
26 > > would change anything? So what is the purpose of asking more users from
27 > > feedback *we do not want*?
28 > >
29 > > Would it make you feel better if you were asked to raise your objection?
30 > > Would you feel better claiming that we did it against objections of many
31 > > users? Or do you believe we would abandon it and decide not to do
32 > > anything because of the resulting bikeshed -- which seems to be
33 > > a recurring theme lately?
34 > >
35 > > Yes, I *do not want feedback* on *how to do Gentoo* from people who do
36 > > *not help me do Gentoo* but instead only complain and demand.
40 > I can't let this one go.
41 >
42 > Michał, Walter is a long-term high-quality Gentoo-user and does not
43 > deserve to be told what you just said above.
44 >
45 > Please get your act together and stop treating other people as worthless
46 > nuisances.
47 >
48 > You are annoyed by someone or something, that much has been obvious for
49 > a long time now. I can assure you, Walter is not the correct target for
50 > your annoyance. Please deal with the correct source.
53 I'm sorry, I didn't mean that to apply specifically to Walter. It was
54 focused on the purpose of splitting the mailing lists.
57 Best regards,
58 Michał Górny