From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] gconf-1.0.7 ebuild fails
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 04:01:38
1 Bart Verwilst wrote:
2 >
3 > On Tuesday 06 November 2001 18:35, you wrote:
4 >
5 > <snip>
6 > ||
7 > || NOTE: do not merge libxml2 again !!
8 >
9 > One last remark:
10 > libxml2 is needed by KDE 2.2.x, so it's necessary te merge libxml2 again as
11 > well after doing the "find /var/db/pkg -iname 'libxml*.ebuild' |xargs -i \
12 > ebuild {} unmerge" command. libxml2 installs in a different location than
13 > libxml, so there really is no problem... I did the same, and it works for
14 > me... (i installed libxml2 after gconf was compiled successfully...)
15 >
16 libxml stores it's headers in /usr/include/gnome-xml and has a symlink
17 to that dir called libxml in that dir
18 libxml2 stores it's headers directly in /usr/include/libxml
19
20 gconf uses headers in a way like <libxml/[whatever.h]> so I guess it's
21 just a problem of the include paths order
22 passed to gcc.
23 Well I tried to patch gconf by replacing all <libxml'x with <gnome-xml's
24 in the backends subfolder. After that
25 it builded. I just commited the patch to cvs.
26
27 achim~
28
29 > ||
30 > ||
31 > || PS: please use our new gentoo-user list for user related questions, and
32 > || help, thanks :)
33 > ||
34 > ||
35 > || Greetings
36 >
37 > --
38 >
39 > Bart Verwilst
40 > Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team
41 > Gent, Belgium
44 > gentoo-dev mailing list
45 > gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org