From: Brad Laue <brad@××××××.com>
To: danarmak@g.o
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage quibbles
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 15:47:36
1 Dan Armak wrote:
2 > That, I believe, is what emerge --deep (aka -D) is for.
3
4 --deep won't find mozilla if it's been installed as a dependency of
5 evolution and it's a dependency of nothing else in the world file, even
6 levels below; it will simply slip through the cracks, as it were.
7
8 I had this experience when installing a new Gentoo system and having
9 emerged mplayerplug-in; after unmerging it, an upgrade to mplayer
10 appeared and emerge world -up --deep refused to see it.
11
12 Brad
15 // -- http://www.BRAD-X.com/ -- //
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list