From: Paul <set@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] State of Developement
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 01:43:55
1 Hi;
2
3 I am curious about the state of gentoo; I feel I have a
4 material interest, as I try to report bugs, submit patches, and
5 ebuilds because I want to make this distribution better for me.
6 I have noticed that the numbers assigned to each of my
7 new bug reports has been advancing at such a high rate over time,
8 that I am given to wonder if the developers can keep up. My
9 ebuilds especially have seemed to languish lately.
10 How are you guys doing? Do you have any areas that you
11 would like us to focus on? (eg. QA) I could squeeze out ebuilds
12 regularly, but I tend to wait on those in the pipeline.
13 I havent checked, but is gentoo-core still closed?
14 Could it be read-only, maybe only in digest form? The more
15 I know about where this project is going, the more motivated
16 I am to help, rather than say, sitting back on my haunches
17 and waiting. (something I have been unable to do so far:)
18 I am not suggesting make gentoo democratic, just take
19 advantage of those who are not part of the core team better,
20 by giving more guidance.
21
22 Paul
23 set@×××××.com