From: "José Luis Rivero (yoswink)" <yoswink@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Projects and subproject status
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 10:01:48
1 Hi *:
2
3 Speaking for Gentoo/Alpha Arch Team (ferdy is the lead but I used to be
4 the status report guy):
5
6 Luca Barbato escribió:
7 >
8 > Are we fine?
11 I would say: yes.
12
13 Reasons:
14 - General keywording is just fine.
15 - Security bugs are done in a reasonable period of time.
16 - We have a new and shiny developer machine.
17 - Kernel and toolchain are nearly up to date
18 (some bugs in latest versions, as usual).
19 - Arch Testing program has worked quite well.
22 > What are we going to do:
25 - First of all, keep things working (this could sound easy but being
26 an alpha port ... you never knows).
27 - New developer (Tobias) is ready to join the forces. (bug #196948)
28 - First tests to bring java via gcj are done.
29 (http://www.nabble.com/Java-gcj-in-Gentoo-Alpha-to12131495.html)
30 - Look to create a binpkg repo.
31 - Continue the arch testing program and try to recruit fresh blood.
32
33 Alpha Arch Team provides 'regular' status report so historical info
34 about the port status can be found in our subproject page:
35 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/alpha/status/index.xml
36
37 That's all from the alpha world.
38 Enjoy.