From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Global update issue.
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 14:34:26
1 On Tuesday 22 July 2003 15:56, Yannick Koehler wrote:
2 > > Well, portage packages are installed in the ALL directory with a symlink
3 > > from the category. There is no real need for all category/symlink dirs,
4 > > but basically that's what's causing it. I believe the newest portage
5 > > fixes this. In any case do not worry, it is more anoying than a problem.
6 > >
7 > > Paul
8 >
9 > Hmm, I use NFS for my /usr/portage and symlinks are not working over NFS.
10 > Which is probably what is causing all this.
11
12 symlinks should work over nfs. It are relative symlinks. It is just some
13 brokenness in portage.
14
15 Paul
18 Paul de Vrieze