From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] CVS and non-devs (again!)
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 15:51:44
1 On Saturday 24 January 2004 16:29, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 03:43:05PM +0100 or thereabouts, Paul de Vrieze
3 wrote:
4 > > I think that indeed subversion is superior to CVS, especially on the part
5 > > where you want to look at changesets and merging. Maybe we could test
6 > > subversion, but we might want to wait until the 1.0 version is released
7 > > for actual use (is going to be rather soon now)
8 >
9 > As Chris mentioned, we were talking about this over dinner yesterday. For
10 > now, cvs is what we will be using for the main repository as it has proven
11 > to be mostly stable, if lacking in some features that we want/need.
12 >
13 > If we want to look at other solutions (subversion, arch, etc.) that's fine
14 > -- I just want to test them on less critical repositories. Then, if/when
15 > they have proven to be stable, scalable and in line with what we need, we
16 > can think about moving gentoo-x86 over to it.
17
18 Let me stress that I did not want to suggest a move to subversion currently.
19 It should be very well tested. Last time I tried subversion was not well able
20 to handle the required amount of files/bytes. I'm all in favour of testing
21 first, and then gradually implementing.
22
23 Paul
26 Paul de Vrieze
27 Gentoo Developer