From: Brett Simpson <Simpsonb@××××××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Suggestion for improved PORTDIR_OVERLAY
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:43:42
1 I'm running into a problem were I have to manually rsync several servers PORTDIR_OVERLAY contents so that my custom ebuilds get used properly. While this is manageable for a couple systems it's a pain for me since I have over 6 servers and 4 workstations running Gentoo Linux.
2
3 Using NFS is not an option since some of the servers are locked down as a firewall. All of these systems of course have internet access so I was thinking (which is dangerous) that maybe an additional option called PORTHTTP_OVERLAY be added. This would in effect look to a web server for custom ebuilds.
4
5 My other option would be to write an rsync script to pull the files from my own rsync server to a local PORTDIR_OVERLAY on each system. This is also not a problem but it would be cooler to have the PORTHTTP_OVERLAY feature.
6
7 Brett
11 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list