From: Jerry A! <jerry@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] DNS-Server
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2001 15:38:15
1 On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 10:12:09PM +0100, Sebastian Werner wrote:
2 : Hey,
3 :
4 : next problem. Somewhere i have read about replacements of the non secure
5 : bind. I ask myself why so many people use bind if it doesn't work good
6 : or make millions of problems. I like to try djbdns (in combination with
7 : q-mail). There seems not to be a init.d script. Mhh. Use anybody this
8 : app and could he write an init script? Have you a good page for the
9 : first steps with this software?
10
11 You'll probably want to run this via daemontool's supervise mechanism.
12 Instructions can be found on the following websites:
13
14 http://cr.yp.to/djbdns.html
15 http://www.tinydns.org/
16 http://www.lifewithdjbdns.com/
17
18 --Jerry
19
20 Open-Source software isn't a matter of life or death...
21 ...It's much more important than that!