From: Jeff Gazso <jeff.gazso@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] dev-lang/rakudo eclass
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 23:52:51
1 Hello everyone,
2
3 I've been testing dev-lang/raku support on Gentoo and submitting
4 various bugs for a while. I submitted https://bugs.gentoo.org/827802
5 "dev-lang/rakudo lacks an ebuild for the zef module installer" in an
6 effort to improve Gentoo's support for Raku by getting a proper Raku
7 module installer in place. This would be an obvious stepping stone
8 towards a dev-lang/rakudo-star meta-package.
9
10 After some back-and-forth a fellow Gentoo user and Raku enthusiast
11 (crocket) attached a draft eclass which supports the zef module
12 installer, Prove6 for unit testing, and Inline-Perl5 for Perl
13 integration to the bug. This caught Sam James' attention and he
14 suggested the eclass be submitted to this list in git-am patch format.
15 The person who submitted the eclass seemed a bit reluctant to email
16 the list. I was going to do it for him, but then I realized that I
17 don't know what git-am patch format is.
18
19 Can someone on this list look at the eclass attached to
20 https://bugs.gentoo.org/827802 and provide direction?
21
22 ~Jeff