From: Francesco Riosa <vivo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ChangeLogs and rsync time
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 16:41:06
1 Matti Bickel wrote:
2 > Pawe?? Madej <linux@××××××××.info> wrote:
3 >> As a common user with ADSL 256kbps all additional data downloaded via
4 >> rsync causes longer wait for syncing. If I want to see a changelog i
5 >> go to packages.gentoo.org and read it. As i got Gentoo for about 10
6 >> months I don't remember if I read Changelog via bash.
7 >
8 > I strongly disagree. Reading changelogs on the web means browsing for
9 > them. This is much slower for me than a 'less
10 > /usr/portage/foo/bar/Changelog'.
11 >
12 > I rather go with ciaranm and tell users to use rsync_exclude if they
13 > don't want changelogs. Taking away choice without an option is a bad
14 > thing (tm).
15 >
16 > Regards and a happy new year,
17 > Matti
18
19 A (rethoric) question:
20 Do you read every time the whole ChangeLog ?
21
22 If not, generally, how much of it ?
23
24 Regards,