From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Deptree broken - remove keyword on many packages, or downgrade profile to "dev"?
Date: Wed, 08 May 2013 09:54:12
1 Hiya everybody,
2
3 the deptree of kde-base has been broken for over two months now (most likely
4 more, it was already bad for a while when I filed bug 460532), and we cannot
5 really commit new KDE releases without repoman --force option.
6
7 A package is missing keyword ~amd64-fbsd, and so far noone from that team has
8 responded to our repeated communication attempts.
9
10 For the KDE team, I see two options:
11 1) remove amd64-fbsd keyword everywhere. This is "within our rights to do",
12 but hits users badly (if there are any).
13 2) downgrade the amd64-fbsd profiles from "stable" to "dev" in
14 profiles/profiles.desc. This has the big advantage that the impact for users
15 is minimal, but enables us to work normally again at the same time. Needless
16 to say, it's not really a usual step to take for anyone outside the amd64-fbsd
17 team.
18
19 Out of frustration I am slowly tending to just commit option 2 and take the
20 resulting flak.
21
22 Opinions?
23