From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: root@.localhost
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Common make.conf screwups?
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:49:34
1 On Thu, 2004-11-18 at 16:58, Robert Moss wrote:
2 > Well you definitely shouldn't have it in there if you're not using
3 > hardened. If you are using hardened I'm not sure...
4 >
5 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
6 > > On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:34:22 +0000 Robert Moss <robmoss@g.o>
7 > > wrote:
8 > > | Also, perhaps highlight -fPIC in those cases where it shouldn't be
9 > > | used? Is that possible? Ehm. I don't mean that. Is that feasible? :-P
10 > >
11 > > What're the cases where it shouldn't be used? If it takes you more than
12 > > two lines to answer, probably not :)
13
14 CFLAGS=fPIC is not a screw up. No need to highlight.
17 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
18 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded) Developer