From: Todd Wright <wylie@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] Config Idea
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 08:52:51
1 > What about a central config file, that would be able to
2 > generate all other
3 > related config... gentoo_config.xml, which when transformed using xslt,
4 > would produce conf.d/net, conf.d/ntp, etc...
5
6 I havnt seen anything in /etc/conf.d yet that couldnt/shouldnt be in /etc/rc.conf
7
8 Either way, this is how it should be. We dont need all this extra (xml) pre processing. We just need a single config file (rc.conf) or a ../conf.d/ directory containing per package config variablle - but not both.
9
10 If you want to edit a config setting, what could be simpler than editing the appropriate file, once, and in one place.
11
13 / \
14 \_.--._* <--- http://www.dreams.darker.net/~wylie/
15 v Mobile: +61-403-796-001 Ph: +61-2-9521-8677