From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Jan Krueger <jk@×××××××××××.net>
Cc: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>, Steven Elling <ellings@×××××.com>, Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some suggestions
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 12:41:36
1 On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 16:29, Jan Krueger wrote:
2
3 > > The problem it seems with most people, is that they do not just want to
4 > > run 'etc-update' and just press '2' when coming to updating make.conf,
5 > > or whatever.
6 > Yes, you understand me and those people :)
7 > There is no need to update this file, so why should i?
10 heh. Choose '2' for etc-update 8)
11
12 Alternative then is to have your /etc/make.conf.example, and have the
13 full one in stage1, with none being installed with portage. New guys
14 or those that like it will have a nice commented one, while those that
15 prune it, will not be bothered again.
16
17 I still think though that this is really a non issue - look at squid,
18 samba, etc =)
23 Martin Schlemmer
24 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
25 Cape Town, South Africa