From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] making rust-bin ordered first in virtual/rust
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 06:31:09
1 On 18.1.2022 4.58, Ionen Wolkens wrote:
2 >
3 > Unsure what I like best, I generally agree should default to sources
4 > but I do see new users complaining about building rust every few days.
5 > Not that the step of telling them that rust-bin exists is that bad
6 > (part of the issue is that they don't know it's an option).
9 Indeed, can see both ways. On my desktop I use rust, and on my
10 laptop+containers rust-bin. Having to package.mask rust so rust-bin gets
11 pulled might not be the first thing new users are aware.
12
13 To make things more complicated...
14 IUSE="+binary"
15 RDEPEND="binary? ( ~dev-lang/rust-bin-${PV} )
16 !binary? ( ~dev-lang/rust-${PV} )"
17
18 or "+pre-compiled" or something ;)
19
20 -- juippis

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature