From: Brian Evans <grknight@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last standing Python 2.7 dependency
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 12:37:50
1 On 5/3/20 2:58 AM, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > On 02-05-2020 23:24:42 -0700, Brian Dolbec wrote:
3 >> On Sun, 3 May 2020 07:28:50 +0200
4 >> Viktar Patotski <xp.vit.blr@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> Hi all,
7 >>>
8 >>> I'd also like to clean my system and have it Python 2.7 free. Are
9 >>> there any guidelines to check which packages are still using pyton2_7
10 >>> in my system?
11 >>>
12 >>> Thanks,
13 >>> Viktar
14 >>>
15 >>
16 >> There are both equery and enalyze commands in gentoolkit that can give
17 >> you reports about what pkgs are installed.
18 >>
19 >> equery hasuse
20 >> enalyze analyze [use|pkguse]
21 >>
22 >> for help on them:
23 >> equery -h
24 >> equery hasuse -h
25 >> enalyze -h
26 >> enalyze a -h
27 >
28 > In addition to these great tools, portage-utils' quse might also be
29 > useful:
30 >
31 > % quse python2_7
32 > ...
35 > Thanks,
36 > Fabian
39 All of the mentioned tools will show if packages have the flag but not
40 necessarily have it active.
41
42 eix has an option to search the active flag:
43
44 eix --installed-with-use <flag>
45
46 However, this still skips build-time dependencies that may keep python
47 2.7 around.
48
49 The most accurate way to see what's tied to python 2.7 is to pretend to
50 remove it:
51 emerge -pvc dev-lang/python:2.7
52
53 Brian