From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: virtual/icon-theme
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 18:47:42
1 On 4/11/10 9:54 PM, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > On 04/11/2010 10:38 PM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
3 >> What do you think about creating a new virtual package, icon-theme?
4 >>
5 >> This would for example simplify the dependencies for
6 >> www-client/chromium, which currently uses this:
9 > What other packages would make use of the virtual?
10
11 I think that the packages that currently depend on one icon theme, could
12 instead just depend on that virtual. For example, xfce works fine
13 without the xfce theme, provided some other theme (like gnome or tango)
14 is there.
15
16 Is it a requirement that more than one package should depend on it until
17 we can extract a virtual? I think it would simplify managing the
18 dependencies anyway.
19
20 Another question is, would the freedesktop herd want to maintain the
21 virtual?