From: "Rémi Cardona" <remi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Last rites sys-apps/855resolution
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 19:54:08
1 Joshua Baergen wrote:
2 > I don't think that Xinerama is really supported anymore. It's not
3 > really needed, depending on what you're trying to do - Xrandr 1.2 should
4 > handle most general/common use cases.
5
6 Either way, it doesn't work as advertised :
7 - xinerama segfaults xorg-server
8 - I couldn't get the VGA output to display anything else than a clone
9 of the LVDS output
10 - XVideo support is broken
11
12 All of these are known issues, both on the xorg ML and in fd.o bugzilla.
13 Clearly, it's not ready for prime time :)
14
15 Rémi
16 --
17 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list