From: Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Non-Dev Contributors and the Tree
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 07:04:58
1 On 6/7/07, Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o> wrote:
3 > Hash: SHA1
4 >
5 > ...or, Trees and Tree Climbers: Shaking up the tree
9 > Comments?
10 >
11 > ~mcummings
14 As a non-dev with not a lot of free time, I applaud this suggestion.
15 However, my core fear is the potential for it becoming subject to
16 abuse, and people insisting on repeatedly uploading patches that are
17 not actually wanted / necessary for the project, despite the package
18 maintainer saying 'dude , stop'
19
20 Basically, if a non-maintainer wants maintenance rights, how do they
21 go about attaining them? , an automated service, or some vetting
22 process?
23
24 How do we go about handling the problem with the predicted increase in
25 collisions?
26
27 Is CVS fast enough / flexible enough for such a massive change in users?
28
29 (forgive me if I've made a misunderstanding, but im a SVN man, not a CVS'er )
30 --
31 Kent
32 ruby -e '[1, 2, 4, 7, 0, 9, 5, 8, 3, 10, 11, 6, 12, 13].each{|x|
33 print "enNOSPicAMreil kdrtf@×××.com"[(2*x)..(2*x+1)]}'
34 --
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list