From: Christian Gut <cycloon@×××××××.org>
To: david@×××××××××.com
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Installer For Gento
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 21:25:17
1 On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 20:03, david@×××××××××.com wrote:
2 > I've been experimenting with system-imager deployments of gentoo. You
3 > may want to look into that, it is even in portage.
4 >
5 > Only problem is that no matter what you do, a newly installed system
6 > is 'out of date'. This is why I really think a more 'bug-fixes only'
7 > portage tree needs to emerge(pun not intended). And upgrading
8 > machines that don't have internet access is something I've been
9 > wondering about.... although my current solution is to send a CD out,
10 > and rsync against the CD via a local rsync server(with the CD as the
11 > sync repository). Any suggestions from others on how to make this stuff easier
12 > would be great.
13
14 What about a cd with a portage tree + precompiled packages
15
16 little script that uses local rsync (no server) and the emerge -vuDK
17 world if you know what apps are installed
20 Christian Gut <cycloon@×××××××.org>