From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Tightly-coupled core distro
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 18:18:20
1 On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 12:43 PM, Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se> wrote:
2 > Steven J. Long wrote:
3 >> Nor should Gentoo projects suddenly change what they are because
4 >> "the internet" doesn't understand them. That's a ridiculous basis
5 >> for any change.
6 >
7 > It doesn't always matter what others think, but it is always worth
8 > considering. It matters a lot for how one is understood.
9
10 Sure, but what's the alternative? GLEP-39 was written precisely
11 because a more top-down system wasn't really working well.
12
13 The new model is much more bazar-like, with the Council as a forum for
14 appeal if things get out of hand.
15
16 If once in a while we have to deal with the fallout of something like
17 this I'll take that any day if it makes it more likely for the next
18 X32/Prefix/etc to take off on Gentoo.
19
20 Rich