From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] swapping order of arguements for replace-cpu-flags
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 04:30:40
1 On Saturday 25 September 2004 10:52 am, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > To this respect it might be nice to have default replaces based on the
3 > compiler version. I have an amd64, but when I tried to compile gcc-3.3 it
4 > broke because (obviously) gcc-3.3 does not know -march=athlon64. A
5 > replace-cpu flags statement in the package could have fixed it, but I
6 > suspect that there are more places where this could come in handy.
7
8 what you're asking for (while a good point) is outside the scope of
9 replace-cpu-flags ...
10 -mike
13 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list