From: R Hill <dirtyepic.sk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Duplicated entries in use.desc and use.local.desc
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 03:42:09
1 Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 14:49:55 -0500
3 > Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o> wrote:
4 >> On a more global scale, we should decide if this is valid though. I
5 >> haven't exactly been convinced that it is useful, but I'm not opposed
6 >> to the idea. I'd just like to see a decision one way or another.
7 >
8 > Yeah, unfortunately none of the people proposing the idea ever wrote a
9 > glep or even filed a bug regarding this (AFAIK), also as the quoted
10 > threads show there are a number of possible solutions for this.
11
12 TGL did some work on this under bug #84884, though his changes are more invasive
13 than what i had in mind. I don't see the need for portage to dig through
14 use.*desc when euse already works and equery can pretty easily be made to.
15
16 Anyways I just like anything that makes use.desc more useful than
17
18 foo - adds support for foo
21 --de.
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list