From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: phajdan.jr@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unified DEPENDENCIES concept
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 16:45:18
1 On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 18:12:08 +0200
2 ""Paweł Hajdan, Jr."" <phajdan.jr@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On 9/7/12 5:46 PM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
5 > > I actually do like the concept but I'm not sure we can reach
6 > > consensus about '*DEPEND vs DEPENDENCIES'
7 >
8 > I also like at least significant parts of the DEPENDENCIES concept,
9 > especially when we start adding more dep variables like HDEPEND.
10 >
11 > My understanding is that COMMON_DEPEND can be easily and uniformly
12 > expressed as build+run.
13 >
14 > Do we have some list of pros and cons, so that the discussion can be
15 > more focused?
16
17 There's one on the wiki but I'm not sure if it's up-to-date now. I made
18 it on top of the previous thread.
19
20 http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Future_EAPI/DEPENDENCIES_variable
23 Best regards,