From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge -C eselect-python disaster
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 22:11:22
On 01/24/2010 08:20 PM, Ben de Groot wrote:
> 2010/1/24 Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o>: >> On 01/24/2010 03:02 PM, Ben de Groot wrote: >>> You can't have functioning package management without the hard >>> dependencies it requires. So both portage and python should be in the >>> system set. >> >> Why should we keep redundant information in the list? > > How is that redundant? > > Cheers,
The problem the original poster wanted to solve is having a warning when trying to unmerge something in "system". The best way here is to file a Portage enhancement request and not pollute the profile system set marking. The purpose of the packages file is to describe what needs to be installed for a minimal system to work so it doesn't make sense to pollute it with implementation details. Regards, Petteri

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge -C eselect-python disaster Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>