From: Jason Huebel <jhuebel@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo metastructure reform poll is open
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 00:11:29
1 Jim Northrup wrote:
2
3 >might I suggest not kicking #gentoo-dev visitors who ask for voice to
4 >speak to the devs without a 'rtfm & go get a gentoo job' smokescreen ?
7 That's not a metastructure change, so it's OT for this thread. However,
8 to help you understand the purpose of voicing someone in #gentoo-dev,
9 questions that are of a technical nature that are already documented on
10 the gentoo.org site shouldn't require a user to be voiced in the
11 channel. They are already covered in the docs (RTFM) for that very reason.
12
13 Don't think that my comments are meant to sound like I'm annoyed. That's
14 not the case. The documentation on the gentoo.org site is there as a
15 service to the users and is meant to cut down on the noise level in
16 #gentoo-dev. Since the docs are there, we want users to read them.
17
18 As with many OSS projects, Gentoo has a "help yourself" mentality. That
19 is, if you aren't willing to do a little legwork to find the answers
20 yourself then you are much less likely to be successful in your OSS
21 endeavors.
22
23 I hope this answers your question. Thanks for using Gentoo! :-)
24
25 Jason Huebel
26 Gentoo Board of Trustees Member
27 Gentoo Developer Relations Lead