From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Mirroring Gentoo project/team members on GitHub
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 15:57:37
1 On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 04:32:40PM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
2 > Hello, everyone.
3 >
4 > Now that we're officially on git and can officially use pull requests
5 > to provide rapid community interaction, it'd be convenient to have
6 > a little better framework for pinging package maintainers.
7 >
8 > With the unofficial mirror/pull request project, I was either looking
9 > for project member GitHub accounts and pinging found project members by
10 > name, or talking to them directly on IRC. However, with the growth in
11 > number of pull requests this will become more and more inconvenient.
12 > Therefore, I think it's time to be able to mirror teams willing to work
13 > with GitHub community there for easier 'pings'.
14
15 People can also use the "git request-pull" command to tell maintainers
16 where to pull from, so I'm not sure that mirroring every team/member on
17 github is necessary.
18
19 William