From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: make opaque list partially translucent?
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:22:37
1 begin quote
2 On Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:41:13 -0400
3 Cedric Veilleux <cedric@×××××××.com> wrote:
4
5 > > 3) And, finally, just for completeness, and not because I think it's
6 > > a good idea: allow anyone to subscribe, but not post, to the closed
7 > > developer list.
10 > I think it is the easiest and best solution.. what the heck is going
11 > on in this darn -core list that must be kept secret?
12 >
13 > I do understand the imPortance of allowing only developers post to it,
14 > but really, I don't see what's the point of keeping it secret.
15 >
16 Because it lets me yell, rant ramble and make a fool out of myself and
17 others in a fairly close community of people where such arguments and
18 ideas are kept "inside" and you dont have to explain a lot of it to the
19 sk. end users who wish to pry their noses into internal politics and
20 developmentrelations?
21
22 Oh you might think you should know why all devs are "unavaiable" at some
23 point, who yells at who and who slept with who's sisters husband, But
24 frankly, a lot of theese things are nicer to keep internally to avoid
25 misunderstandings ands yellings that somone is a microsoftbribed
26 luddite, that another is a rabid fsf-supporter and so on.
29 Development issues should be taken here, in public where people can get
30 along and discuss it or just shut up and watch it, but internal politics
31 and management, who's who's boss and who's boss did what and so on feels
32 rather better to have on -core.. If not, it will just fall out to a few
33 big address book aliases and be kept in private and start to fester
34 badly.
35
36 //Spider
40 begin .signature
41 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
43 end