From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Test machines
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 19:30:27
1 On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 09:25:14PM -0400, derosa wrote:
2
3 > With the new rc2 I will be testing on a couple of different boxes next week,
4 > including an IBM netfinity quad Xeon box, and a couple of IBM dual processor
5 > boxes along with my good old compaq dual pent-pro. The IBM's all have
6 > serveraid controllers the compaq has a symbios.
7
8 Cool! Please let us know how those tests go, as we have yet to test Gentoo
9 Linux with IBM ServeRAID controllers. You shouldn't have problems, however, as
10 the Gentoo Linux bootcd kernel comes with ServeRAID support compiled-in.
11
12 > I also hope to begin testing on my laptop when my new one arrives, I ordered
13 > an extra hard drive just for gentoo.
14
15 Wonderful, we need some good laptop testing. No laptop here :(
16
17 > We may be moving our firewall (checkpoint) from the current sun solaris boxes
18 > to linux boxes, everybody is talking about using the "red" one, but I have
19 > other plans ..... This is what the IBM testing is all about.
20
21 :)
24 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
25 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org