From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Portage local package revisions
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 13:31:19
1 Joel Martin wrote:
2 > Instead of -rY-localX, I do -rX0Y the following in my local overlays.
3 > This gets the same effect and maintains both version numbers. And if
4 > you are worried about a revision number exceeding 99, then just do
5 > -rX00Y. This works without requiring code change to portage.
6
7 This only assures that your version will be preferred as long as the
8 version number is the same, but is really not what malverian is after.
9
10 That being said, I think this whole debate is really up to the portage
11 team. After all, this change won't affect the Gentoo Devs other than
12 that they can use the feature for their networks too, if they like it.
13
14 The people who have to maintain the code that implements the feature
15 should just give an ACK/NACK and go on or leave it, IMO.
18 Kind Regards,
19
20 Simon Stelling
21 Gentoo/AMD64 developer