From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP concerning ebuild-development
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:15:43
1 On Sunday 13 March 2005 20:49, Adrian Lambeck wrote:
2 > Hello everybody,
3 > I filed a GLEP this weekend.
4 > It has to do with "Automated consistency checks for ebuilds"
5 >
6 > Please have a look at it and tell me what you think:
7 > http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/glep/glep-0035.html
8 Sorry if I'm missing the obvious, but doesn't this describe precisely what
9 repoman's already doing? People already run automated repoman scans of the
10 tree and mail developers who own broken ebuilds. (If that's not on official
11 gentoo infrastructure, it'd be nice for it to be.) Yet the GLEP doesn't even
12 mention repoman.
13
14 As for closing trivial user-reported bugs about eg bad SRC_URI, I've never
15 really been bothered by it. It only takes a few seconds to write 'fixed' and
16 click on 'Fixed', 'Commit'...
19 Dan Armak
20 Gentoo Linux developer (KDE)
21 Public GPG key: http://dev.gentoo.org/~danarmak/danarmak-gpg-public.key
22 Fingerprint: DD70 DBF9 E3D4 6CB9 2FDD 0069 508D 9143 8D5F 8951