From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] client+server packages - build which one?
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 10:28:51
1 On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 11:11:59AM +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 08 August 2006 09:56, Enrico Weigelt wrote:
3 > > If you want an dhcp client, install "dhcp-client", if you
4 > > want an dhcp server, install "dhcp-server". Could it be simpler ?
5 >
6 > Maybe you missed the part of the discussion where we thought that maintaing 3
7 > ebuilds vs 1 ebuild was a bad idea. Yes we would need 3 due to the way that
8 > the dhcp builds and installs.
9
10 There also is the fun part of how seperation of pkgs actually is
11 accomplished- have to maintain a list of which files go where.
12
13 Manually.
14
15 And because of FEATURES=collision-protect, you have to verify the
16 bugger, and update it for every verbump.
17
18 Lot of manual work. :)
19
20 ~harring