From: RYMNAT_ADSL <RYMNAT_ADSL@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Remote compilation
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 05:29:12
1 Dear people at Gentoo.org:
2
3 I'm really pleased with gentoo distribution but think it can be
4 grately improved. I think that you should give users a way to make
5 their own gentoo compilation offline without downloading sources. It
6 can be a web page in wich you can select the hardware you have and
7 Gentoo (or anyu other), does the hard work for you. As the result, te
8 user is provided with a CD-image (or many) containing the compiled
9 system. After all, downloading the compiled system is faster than the
10 source codes. The CD can be as simple as a "dd" which copies an image
11 to the hard drive and nothing else.
14 The last thing, I believe that it can be a good way to prove
15 OpenMosix works. A cluster of inexpensive PCs can be done for
16 compiling, don´t you think?
17
18 Best regards,
19 Igor Modino