From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] pkgmerge rsync-2.4.6.tar.gz error
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 19:57:21
1 Tim van der Hulst wrote:
2 >
3 > thankyou for your emails... i think :)
4 > im still a little confused (in relatively new to linux)
5 >
6 > fyi i downloaded sys-i686-200010406.tgz
7 > and rsync-2.4.6.tar.gz
8 >
9 > so this problem is solved... correct?
10 > i just have to wait for your 1.5 release?
11
12 Ok I see you need a rsync package for the new sys. I will upload one
13 tomorrow.
16 > can someone explain to me what these build files are in the rc4 packages
17 > directory and how we can use them?
18
19 The build packages contain only a build environment. You need a running
20 distro to work with them.
21 You can build the whole distro with your prefered compile options from
22 within that.
23
24 achim~
28 > Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1