From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Old copyright assignments
Date: Wed, 02 May 2018 08:33:33
1 >>>>> On Thu, 26 Apr 2018, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2
3 >> Reportedly, in the past at least some Gentoo developers signed
4 >> copyright assignment forms [2] to Gentoo Technologies, Inc., and
5 >> possibly later to the Gentoo Foundation. Bug 140286 [3] suggests
6 >> that this no longer took place since around 2005.
7
8 >> Now my question to you is if (and when) you have signed such a
9 >> copyright assignment form? Please reply to me personally; I'll post
10 >> a summary to the gentoo-project list later.
11
12 > So far, I have received 7 replies, and I don't expect many more to
13 > come in (but please still reply, especially if you *have* signed the
14 > form). Here comes a summary:
15
16 Update: Six more devs and ex-devs have replied, for a total of 13.
17
18 Three of them signed the copyright form; they joined between
19 December 2003 and June 2004.
20
21 Ten of the replies indicated they haven't signed anything. Of these,
22 two devs joined in November 2003 or before, the others in January 2006
23 or after,
24
25 From your replies and from other sources, the conclusion is
26 that copyright assignment took place only between December 2003
27 and June/July 2004. See also [4] for a provisional timeline (mostly
28 compiled by robbat2).
29
30 Thanks to all who have replied!
31