From: MAL <mal@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] --deep oddity
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 11:00:30
1 Hi, could someone help me better understand why --deep does the things
2 it does :)
3
4 I have gkrellm-2.1.5 installed, and an emerge -pu --deep world says:
7 [ebuild UD] app-admin/gkrellm-1.2.13 [2.1.5]
8
9 (after others)
12 Why does this happen? Does gkrellm 1 have a higher 'priority' than 2 or
13 something?
14
15 More importantly, how can I satiate emerge, so it doesn't turn up in
16 that list?
17
18 Do I really have to emerge -i app-admin/gkrellm-1.2.13 ? If that's the
19 case, won't emerge try to update it in the future, or is it intelligent
20 enough to spot an injected build, and not update it?
21
22 Cheers,
23 MAL
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list