From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP: gentoo sync based unified deps proposal
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 19:32:24
1 On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 12:25:57 -0700
2 Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o> wrote:
3 > Also, if we change the meaning of RDEPEND in the next EAPI, so that
4 > it's a hard build-time dep like DEPEND, then DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
5 > virtual/pkgconfig" can be reduced to DEPEND="virtual/pkgconfig". This
6 > is what I would like to do for the experimental EAPI 5-hdepend which
7 > is planned [1].
8
9 What're we going to do about the zillions of unsolvable cycles that
10 that would create? (Does Portage detect those and error out yet?)
13 Ciaran McCreesh