From: Nick Jones <carpaski@××××××.net>
To: Brian Jackson <brian@××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /dev/port Permission denied
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 10:24:06
1 > Well I just managed to downgrade manually to 2.0.46-r12 by untbz2'ing a
2 > package that I had previously made(I knew that was going to come in handy at
3 > some point), and now my problems have gone away. I assume it has something to
4 > do with the fact that portage has to have a portage user to run now, and she
5 > doensn't have write privileges to /dev/port. I tried changing the permissions
6 > to 777 and that did not fix anything. I am at a loss. If anybody else knows
7 > of a fix, it would be nice in case anybody else runs into this.
8
9 portage-2.0.47-r2 corrects some variables and paths, and as a consequnce
10 causes your .bashrc to be sourced... This is fixed for 2.0.47-r3.
13 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list