From: Thilo Bangert <thilo.bangert@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Point of fact.
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 11:17:10
1 On Friday, 8. March 2002 16:55, you wrote:
2 > >> Other than this and GRUB being default boot loader, gentoo
3 > >> is excellent in all areas. Keep up the excellent work.
4 > >
5 > > What would you suggest in place of GRUB?
6 >
7 > Well, the rest of that whole post aside, many of us have had trouble
8 > with grub because we have no separate /boot partition. In my case, my
9 > /boot partition is on /dev/hde1, which grub just can't seem to find.
10 >
11 > I like grub, but I've had much more success with lilo.
14 this sounds like the exact same complaints one hears about djbdns ...
15
16 as soon as some software starts doing things different than how i
17 usually was handled it's considered "dificult" or "non-standard"
18
19 this drives me nuts...
20
21 > Sean
22
23 i like gentoo because it includes what make sense..
24
25 fx. GRUB
26 fx. nvidia drivers in opt
27 fx. <fill-in-your-favorite-ebuild>