From: Sven Wegener <swegener@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] repoman, Manifest and FEATURES="strict"
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 00:52:42
1 Hi all!
2
3 This is a short reminder to urge you to use repoman to commit *all*
4 changes you make to packages in our tree. With FEATURES="strict" portage
5 will check the contents of Manifest against the files in the tree and will
6 stop when a file listed in Manifest doesn't exist or has the wrong
7 size/digest. This will make the package un-emergeable for our users if
8 they have strict in FEATURES.
9
10 repoman regenerates the Manifest after commiting the changed files. Some
11 files include a $Header: $ or $Id: $ CVS keyword replacement that will
12 change when the file is commited. If you just use cvs commit the Manifest
13 will contain the size/digest of the old file with the old CVS keyword. If
14 you remove some files, the Manifest will still list the removed files. So
15 please use repoman for commiting to get the Manifest right.
16
17 I'm scanning the tree several times per day for broken Manifests and will
18 try to notice every developer when he commits a broken Manifest.
19
20 Thanks!
23 Sven Wegener
24 Gentoo Linux Developer