From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Migrate to Phabricator
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 20:40:59
1 On 18/04/16 21:44, Jonas Jelten wrote:
2 > Ohai!
3 >
4 > Phabricator is a fun adventure game: http://phabricator.org/
5 >
6 > It provides a tightly coupled set of project management tools.
7 > https://phacility.com/phabricator/
8 >
9 > Many bigger projects (e.g. blender, mediawiki, ...) started using
10 > phabricator, it could also be very beneficial for gentoo.
11 >
12 > https://secure.phabricator.com/w/usage/companies/
13 > https://secure.phabricator.com/w/usage/not/
14 >
15 > Wikimedia elaborates about the migration:
16 >
17 > https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/2014/12/17/welcome-phabricator/
18 > https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Phabricator/versus_Bugzilla
19 >
20 > https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Tools/Phabricator/Migration
21 >
22 > Migrating would contradict the apparent goal of integrating github more
23 > tightly, but still we could consider to use Phabricator instead,
24 > especially to dump bugzilla.
25 >
26 > If we come to the conclusion we are a really serious business, we must
27 > set up the "Serious Business Edition", for the most serious businesses.
28 >
29 > Still, I hope we can go with the Awesome Edition :P
30 >
31 > Cheers,
32 > JJ
35 I have previously setup an instance of Phabricator (and prior to that,
36 Review Board), but sadly there was absolutely zero interest in both.