From: R Hill <dirtyepic.sk@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Duplicated entries in use.desc and use.local.desc
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 16:41:07
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 03:19:25 -0500 Mark Loeser <halcy0n@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | So, what do we want to do about this? Should we have some repoman
5 > | warning if a USE flag exists in both files, or should it be
6 > | acceptable?
7 >
8 > The whole idea of global USE flags is that they're the same for all
9 > packages that use said flag, and thus do not get a use.local.desc
10 > entry.
11
12 a global USE flag duplicated in use.local.desc could be used to give specific
13 information about exactly what effect the flag has on a certain package, or if
14 for some reason it does differ slightly from the global meaning.
15
16 global use flags (searching: doc)
17 ************************************************************
18 [- ] doc - Adds extra documentation (API, Javadoc, etc)
19
20 local use flags (searching: doc)
22 [- ] doc (app-examples/fakeapp):
23 Build user manuals in PDF format (requires ps2pdf)
26 it's been mentioned before but i don't think anyone jumped on the idea. i
27 personally don't care either way, just wanted to bring it up while it's on topic. ;P
30 --de.
33 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list