From: P Levine <plevine457@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] details on the PMS
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 05:28:22
1 On Fri, Feb 23, 2018 at 8:48 PM, Michael Lienhardt <
2 michael.lienhardt@×××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > I noticed that the following files are not mentioned, or stated optional
5 > in the PMS:
6 > - profiles/repo_name
7 > - metadata/layout.conf
8 >
9 > It seems to me that without these files, portage complains. Shouldn't them
10 > be declared as mandatory?
11 >
12 > - profiles/package.use and profiles/make.defaults (
13 > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/USE_ORDER)
14 > These files are not documented in the PMS: should the package manager
15 > recognize these files? (if so, I think it would be clearer to document them
16 > in the PMS)
17 >
18 > Also, in https://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/head/pms.html#x1-430004.7.1 the
19 > directory is named metadata/cache while it is named metadata/md5-cache in
20 > my repository.
23 > Should I report something on the Gentoo Bugzilla?
24 >
25 > Best,
26 > Michael Lienhardt
27 >
28 > repo_name is mentioned in
29 https://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/head/pms.html#x1-350004.4, "All contents of
30 this directory, with the exception of repo_name, are optional".
31 And with regards to metadata directory, from
32 https://dev.gentoo.org/~ulm/pms/head/pms.html#x1-420004.7, "All contents
33 are optional". I would assume layout.conf is Gentoo Portage specific
34 instead of PMS specific.